Salaried employees and non-bargaining-unit hourly employees working 20 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll. You can also enroll eligible dependents in medical, dental, vision, supplemental and optional life and AD&D insurance.
Your eligible dependents include your:
- Children up to age 26
- Spouse or domestic partner
Verification of Domestic Partnership is required annually. You will be provided with verification instructions if you enroll a domestic partner. Domestic partners can only be added to coverage during Open Enrollment. It is recommended that you consult an attorney regarding applicable domestic relation laws and tax laws.
You will be required to submit proof of eligibility for any dependents that are added to your coverage. Once your elections have been made, you will have the option to upload your document verification to the Businessolver website immediately. You will also be required to submit documents verifying dependent eligibility for any status events (see below) that occur after January 1st.
If acceptable documents are not received by the deadline, any unverified dependents will not be added to coverage, and you will not be able to add them until the next Open Enrollment period. To help you prepare for this dependent verification process, the documents listed below are examples of the acceptable documentation you may need to provide:
- Marriage certificate
- Current tax return
- Bank or credit card statement with common address
- Mortgage or lease statement with common address
- Domestic partner affidavit
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
- Current tax return with dependent listed
Making Changes during the Year
You cannot make changes to your benefits elections during the year unless you experience
a qualified status change, such as:
- Change in marital status
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a dependent spouse or child
- Change in employment status for you, your spouse or dependent child
- Change in eligibility status
- Loss/Gain of other coverage for your spouse or dependent child