Ingredion provides medical benefits designed to help you and your family stay healthy and have access to care when you need it. You have two medical plan options available through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois – the Health Reimbursement Plan (HRP) and the Health Savings Plan (HSP).
Transparency in Coverage - Machine Readable Files
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employees. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
These files are not “member-friendly.” Blue Cross Blue Shield's cost comparison tool on Blue Access for members is the site where members can go to understand pricing, benefits and to comparison shop. However, regulations require us to provide these machine readable files to those that may be building their own tools to make it easier for the members to understand costs.
- Pay 100% of the cost of in-network preventive care.
- Require you to pay non-preventive health care costs until you reach your deductible.
- Once the deductible is satisfied, 80% coinsurance or cost sharing begins.
- Provide you with an account option to help you pay for medical expenses throughout the year (HSA for HSP plan and FSA for HRP plan).
- Have an out-of-pocket maximum to protect you from medical financial hardships.
- COPAYS! $25 for in-network primary care visits & $40 for in-network specialist visits. (your deductible has to be met for HSP participants before copay use)
1In the HRP, once the individual deductible is met for one person coinsurance applies for that person's medical expenses.
In the HSP, the entire family deductible must be met before coinsurance applies.
2Services performed at Blue Distinction Centers are covered at 90%
Within 2-3 weeks of enrolling for your benefits you will receive a medical id card at your home. Medical ID cards are issued by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. There are two ways you can request additional or replacement ID cards: 1) call BCBS and a representative can assist you with placing an order or 2) log into your online BCBS account and make an online request for additional ID cards.